Below is a list of some of the eateries which I have visited and, of course, enjoyed greatly! Some of these will have been featured in my blog posts, but I wouldn’t want the other hidden gems to go unnoticed! As and when I manage to persuade my husband to take me out for dinner I will update this page!
In the U.A.E:
- Waldorf Astoria, Ras Al Khaimah – Not only is this hotel exceptionally beautiful it also serves fresh, delicious food which is well worth the money. (find the blog post here)
- Banyan Tree, Ras Al Khaimah – There are a variety of restaurants to choose from at this resort however we opted to go for Al Waha and were not disappointed. Modern cuisine – which was all well prepared and delicious to eat. Whilst not the cheapest of places – it was a lovely treat to visit with family, especially as it feels so remote and like you are in the middle of the desert!
- The Observatory, Dubai – Located in the Marriott Dubai Marina hotel, this restaurant offers gorgeous views out over the marina towards the palm. It has a trendy atmosphere and must be booked to guarantee a place at the weekends. The food is delicious, offering a wide range of choices with my particular favourite being the beef cheeks which are meltingly tender. Even better – this restaurant is currently in the Fine Dining Entertainer, offering buy a main course get a main course free!
- Cafe de la Gare – A small cafe/restaurant in Charney les Macon, Burgundy, France (find the blog post here)
- Le Saint Martin – An excellent restaurant in the small village of Chapaize, Burgundy which promotes locally produced seasonal food (see pic below). Tel: 0033 3 85 50 13 08
In the UK:
- Kember and Jones – An excellent deli and cafe/restaurant in the West End of Glasgow. They have a great selection of homemade cakes, pastries and bread. I also love that they sell a variety of cookbooks for any extra inspiration you might need! (picture below)