- 1 pack chicken wings (mine had 11 pieces in it)
- 180g flour
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Measure out all of the dry ingredients (flour, cayenne pepper, black pepper, chilli powder and salt) and mix them together in a bowl.
2. Add in the chicken wings, cover the bowl with a lid or some foil and shake vigorously until the wings are covered. Take the wings out of the bowl and put on a plate, shaking the excess flour off them as you do.
4. Take the chicken wings out of the fridge and coat them in another layer of the flour spice mix. You should be able to see the difference in appearance after the second coat.
6. Place the chicken wings on the tray, pushing them down into the oil slightly then turn them over and repeat on the other side.
Some recipes I looked at for inspiration then covered them with a sauce, which included lots of butter but they had enough of a kick for me just like this! However, I did serve them with a few dipping sauces on the side for added variety! Enjoy!