- 1 pack of shop bought puff pastry
- 100g smoked salmon rillettes/pate
- 100g gruyere cheese, grated
- a few chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Unroll the puff pastry and, if circular, cut off the edges to create a rectangular shape.
- Spread the smoked salmon rillettes in a thin layer over the top of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the grated gruyere cheese and chopped chives over the top of the rillettes.
- Roughly mark half way on the pastry rectangle then take one of the longer sides and gently roll the pastry up.
- Once at the half way mark, stop and start rolling again from the other side.
- Wrap the rolled pastry tightly in cling film and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- After it has been in the freezer, unwrap the cling film and cut the pastry into slices around 1cm thick.
- Place on a tray covered with a baking sheet and put in the preheated oven until golden brown, around 10 minutes.