I made this recipe even easier by using goats cheese coated with herbs and garlic to create the sauce and add extra flavour to the dish!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 pack button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large courgette, cut into quarters
- 80g peas (roughly 1 small tin or you could use frozen peas)
- 1 lemon
- 1 pack goats cheese with garlic and herbs
- basil (optional)
1. Put 3 1/2 cups of water into a large pan and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, add the spaghetti, mushrooms and courgettes to the pan. Reduce the heat slightly and allow it to simmer until the pasta is cooked (around 10 minutes). You should also notice that the liquid has reduced.
3. Take off the heat and mix through the goats cheese, allowing it to combine with the remaining liquid to form a sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice for some sharpness and then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Serve immediately, garnishing with some of the freshly torn basil leaves.