- 115g grated cheese (I used a mixture of comte and gruyere)
- 30g butter
- 130g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- optional: cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Rub together the butter, flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper until you have a breadcrumb texture.
- Then add in the grated cheese and mix together.
- Once mixed, add the milk and mix with your hands until it forms a rough dough. (You might need to add in an extra splash of milk if the mixture is too dry.)
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thinly, pressing hard enough to merge the cheese into the dough. Ensure that you have enough flour on your board/table to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut the rolled out dough into whatever shape you want the crackers to be, in my case… fish! Place the cut out dough onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.